This course has six lessons
Lesson 1 Introduction What is profiling?
- Personality Types of profiling When and why do we carry out profiling?
- How profiling is done
- Lesson 1 additional reading
- Types of serial killers
- But why do murderers kill?
- Who commits murder?
- Murder statistics
Lesson 2 How To Profile Someone
- Profiling techniques
- Putting it all together
- Psychological testing in recruitment – how good is it?
- Personality testing in recruitment
Lesson 3 Interviews and Questionnaires
- Psychological screening
- What is an interview?
- Planning an interview: structured or unstructured
- Components of a profiling interview
- What can go wrong?
- Dealing with interview data
- Competency based interviews in recruitment
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Active listening and SOLER
Lesson 4 Behavioural Assessment
- The ABC model
- Traditional vs behavioural assessment
- Different applications of behavioural assessments
- Behavioural assessment techniques
- Problems with behavioural assessments
- Functional analysis
- More on behavioural assessments
- Methods of behavioural assessment
- The focus of assessment
- Analysis of problem behaviour R
Lesson 5 Classical Assessment Tests
- The nature of traditional assessment tests
- Reliability and validity of psychological tests
- More on Wechsler intelligence scales
- Psychological testing in recruitment – how good is it? R
Lesson 6 What Comes Next?
- Applications for profiles
- How & where to use a profile
- Computer profiling
- Ethics of profiling Problems with profiling
- The future of profiling Profiling – a summary